This Oreo Cake is da-bomb. Okay, well I’m not really cool enough to use the phrase “da-bomb” but you get my drift. It’s sweet, it’s creamy, it’s chocolaty and it’s a snap to make. It’s been requested by all of my kids for their birthdays and I recently made it for my mother-in-laws birthday. It’s good. It has over 700 reviews and a 5 star rating on Kraft’s website. 700 people can’t be wrong. If you’re my personal trainer, please avert your eyes.
- 1 pkg. (2-layer size) devil’s food cake mix
- 4 oz. Baker’s Semi-Sweet Chocolate
- ¼ cup butter
- 8 oz. Cream Cheese, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 cups thawed whipped topping
- 12 Oreo cookies, crushed
Heat oven to 350 F
1. Follow package directions on cake mix in 2 (9 inch) round pans. Cool in pans for 10 minutes. Invert onto wire racks and cool completely.
2. Microwave chocolate and butter until butter is melted. Stir until chocolate melts and set aside to cool slightly – about 5 minutes at room temperature.
3. In a mixer, beat the cream cheese and sugar until well blended. Stir in the whipped topping and then gently fold in the crushed cookies.
Putting it all together (the FUN part):
Start with one cake layer on your cake platter (or plate). Evenly spread cream cheese mixture and top with remaining cake layer.
Pour the cooled chocolate/butter glaze on top, being careful to not let it drip down the sides. This layer will cool into a nice hard chocolate top. You can add more cookies on top to decorate but you must do it before it hardens completely.
Recipe from: Kraft Recipes